Wednesday 30 March 2011

Letter from Heaven by Ruth Ann Mahaffey

The day I left,when my life was through
God picked me up and hugged me;
and now I say to you.....

My God gave me a list of things
He wished for me to do;
and foremost on that list of mine is to watch and care for you

To my dearest family,some things I'd like to say
but first of all is to let you know that I have arrived okay
I'm writting this from heaven where I dwell with God above;
where there's no more tears or sadness;
there is just eternal love

Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight
remember I'm with you every morning,noon and night
I will be beside you everyday and week and year
and when you are sad,I'm standing here to wipe away your tears
and when you lie in bed at night,the day's chores are put to flight
God and I are closest to you in the middle of the night.

But one thing is for certain,
though my life on earth is no more,I am closer to you now than I was ever before
when you are walking down the street and you've got me on your mind;
I am walking in your footsteps only half a step behind;
and when you feel that gentle breeze or the wind upon your face,
that's me giving you a great big hug or just a soft embrace
and I will always love you from that land way up above;
I'll be in touch soon....

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, inspirational and comforting poem. It has a message that both helps to soften the emotional blow that comes with losing a loved one and the comfort of knowing that the person is not really totally gone while they continue to live in your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really touched my heart I lost my mother March08 then I lost my brother to suicide april08

    ReplyDelete
  3. The autor is Popo Joan Paul II. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NduFz8Km4eY

    ReplyDelete