Tuesday 26 April 2011

Peoples reactions "pissed"

I went to a canteen here at work today and I met a friend,we hardly see each other and first thing he asked "what did you do to the tummy?" where is the the baby."I found myself smilling as I said "my baby girl passed on." and with a concerned face he replied:"so why are you smilling about it."Little did he know that I smile to hide my pain,that's easy as it doesn't leave me emotionally drained.

I remember when I came back,I went to the cafe to buy bread and the cashier asked me where is my child and I pointed to my 2yrs old and she said I mean the one that you were recently carrying.I took a deep breathe as this lady never even once spoke to me and I replied"she passed on." and the lady continued she commented "how did you take it,if it was me I was going to cry alot."I looked at her with a smile and left.What came to my head is,does people really know when to SHUT UP?I don't even think she has kids let alone lost a child to tell me such things,is it not obvious that I cried a lot,does she really think I danced for joy.

Why are people so insensitive,one lady saw me standing at the corner with a friend and she was passing by with a car,she shouted "Hi sisi,where is your newborn since you are standing by the corner and I replied (obviously shouting)she died and I thought that was it and before she pulls of I heard,"was it a girl or a boy and I shouted in response a GIRL."She then said sorry....Wow I was left speechless,as 1.if the baby was alive obviously I wouldn't have left the house being seen at the corners 2.since I said baby died,why does the gender matters?

Hmmmmm typical people,my mom taught me never to ask a pregnant woman questions like,where is the baby?if she doen't tell you herself.One that also shocked me is this comment"it doesn't matter anymore,you'll have other kids."wow people really know how to console(sarcastic)

No comments:

Post a Comment