Thursday 28 April 2011

Father's point of view

A friend sent me a poem written by a father who lost a child and it came to my heart that I must write concerning this issue.Society has made us believe that men do not cry but does that mean that they are not grieving the loss of their expectant kids?In my own observations I think they should be taken care of just like mothers.I am saying this because I often hear a lot of people asking me "How am I doing or how am I coping?" and my husband is not asked that.He also lost a child,he also lost the dreams that he had for his daughter.

I remember when I went for therapy,I wanted to go with my husband and I was told that it is not necessary cause he did not carry that child and I am more traumatise cause I had to birth a sleeping child.In a matter of fact I know that the whole thing had been hard and traumatizing for my husband cause he was in the delivering room,holding his dear wife and helping through the labour process knowing at the back of his head that it's not like 3 years back when we were birthing our first child cause our second we both knew that the minute she arrives she won't give us a cry.

Angel dads should also recieve the support that angel moms do,because of neglect they end up miserable and relationships are destroyed.Yes the man ego says do not cry but it doesn't say people shouldn't offer their support.Angel dads needs us.....

I remember how my husband shared the arrival of our daughter 3 years ago with all his family and friends and how even today he is a hands on daddy and my love I love you so much for being the best father ever.I know he also wanted to share with the whole world that he is a daddy once more cause I remember how he will brag to everyone about the pregnancy.

At first I did not understand why he had to be so strong and now I know why and even in that we have gone through this whole ordeal together and came out as victors and our love strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment